AUTHENTIC DRIVE-INS - The official website created by Drive-In Theatre Owners
The United Drive-In Theatre Owners Association (UDITOA) presents AuthenticDriveIns.com, the official website of Authentic Drive-In Theaters across the country. With over 300 independently owned and operated locations, Authentic Drive-Ins are one of the largest groups of theaters in America.
This official website created by Authentic Drive-In Theatre owners and designed by the Box-Office Company will allow movie-goers to find Authentic Drive-Ins near them. Listings of Drive-In movies and show-times are available on the site, in addition to the latest official Drive-In Theatre news. The site also features a map listing of locations of Authentic Drive-In Theatres in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
A beloved institution, Authentic Drive-In Theatres combine the nostalgic outdoor movie-going experience with modern state of the art projection and sound technology, and the biggest movie screens in the country. Authentic Drive-In Theatres present the newest First-Run movies, usually a double feature for a great value and a full evenings worth of entertainment.
Many Authentic Drive-In Theatres are iconic historical landmarks which have been lovingly preserved and upgraded. Other Authentic Drive-Ins are new builds which have been zoned and built as permanent attractions. All Authentic Drive-Ins meet an official set of projection, sound, and building standards and are dedicated to preserving the tradition of the Authentic Drive-In Theatre for generations to come!
What is an Authentic Drive-In Theatre?
A list of qualifications and standards has been created to ensure that our guests will receive the genuine Authentic Drive-In experience.
An Authentic Drive-In Theatre is a permanently constructed commercial motion picture drive-in theatre of which the main purpose of the property is the outdoor exhibition of motion pictures for patrons in vehicles using professional DCI compliant Digital projectors or 35mm or 70mm film.
Authentic Drive-In screens are larger than life, as large as a massive 120 feet wide and are permanent structures constructed with Steel, Wood, or concrete or otherwise permanent structures. Authentic Drive-Ins featuring multiple screens will include at least one permanent screen meeting the above standards.
Many Authentic Drive-In Theatres are genuine historical landmarks which have been in operation as early as the 1930’s and have been lovingly preserved. Other Authentic Drive-Ins are new builds which have been zoned and built as permanent attractions. All Authentic Drive-Ins are dedicated to preserving the tradition of Authentic Drive-In Theatres for generations to come!
Authentic Drive-Ins feature the following;
- A permanent large screen (anchored into the ground).
- Authentic Drive-In Theatres are carefully designed to provide a dark movie viewing environment with minimal area lighting.
- A concession stand and rest rooms.
- Many Authentic Drive-Ins may have a large grassy area in front of the screen for outdoor recreational activities.
- Many Drive-In Theatres feature lot ramps (raised mounds which vehicles pull onto). The ramps raise the front end of the vehicles slightly, allowing our guests a better, unobstructed view of the screen. The curvature and height of the ramps puts the vehicles of the theatre guests into the most desirable position to view the screen.
- Because of carefully planned construction and the acres of space, Authentic Drive-In Theatres have excellent sight-lines of the screen from your vehicle.
- To provide a genuine theatrical experience, Authentic Drive-Ins utilize Studio Mandated DCI compliant powerful state of the art projectors or 35mm or 70mm film which projects the image onto a permanent screen and allow showings of first run movies in addition to classics.
- Authentic Drive-Ins have proper cinema industry sound equipment broadcasting over FM in stereo or classic pole speakers.
An authentic Drive-In provides a complete evening worth of entertainment usually featuring a double feature of two movies, in addition to coming attractions, vintage concession ads and more!
In many cases the owner is on-site providing showmanship and ensures the service and experience is second to none!
ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS. WHAT AN AUTHENTIC DRIVE-IN THEATRE IS NOT
- Temporary screens set down into an existing parking lot.
- An LED TV screen set in an existing parking lot or stadium is NOT an Authentic Drive-In and none currently meet studio image requirements for first-run movies.
- Using Blu-Ray or DVD players with a non-theatrical digital projector are not Authentic Drive-In Theatres, and do not have the studio mandated higher quality image required for first run movies.
I OWN AN AUTHENTIC DRIVE-IN THEATRE. HOW DO I JOIN UDITOA AND HAVE MY DRIVE-IN LISTED ON THE AUTHENTIC DRIVE-IN WEBSITE?
If you would like to join UDITOA and qualify, please CLICK HERE.
UDITOA (The United Drive-In Theatre Owners Association) is the premier organization serving Authentic Drive-In Theatre owners and promoting commercial outdoor motion picture exhibition at Authentic Drive-In Theatres world-wide.
About THE BOXOFFICE COMPANY
The Boxoffice Company is the world’s #1 provider of media, technology, and data for the global film industry. The Boxoffice Company offers a collection of premium products including websites, mobile applications, CRM, and online ticketing solutions for thousands of exhibitors worldwide.
About SINISTER VISIONS
Authentic Drive-In Theatres Logo and Graphic design by Chad Savage of Sinister Visions
About SCREEN ATTRACTIONS DIGITAL FILMWORKS
Vintage Drive-In images provided by Screen Attractions Digital Filmworks